Acupuncture and Women’s Health
Women have unique health concerns. As a female owned practice, we understand! For every stage of a woman’s life, from menstruation to menopause, acupuncture can help.
Here you will find effective solutions for painful menstrual cramps, emotional support for PMS, hormonal imbalances such as PCOS, female infertility, and post menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, and sleep problems.
Acupuncture and Fertility
Acupuncture Increases Fertility Success by:
- Increasing uterine and ovarian blood flow
- Nourishing the uterine lining
- Regulating menstrual cycles
- Improving ovarian/follicular function
- Reducing side effects of fertility medications
- Reducing anxiety and stress
- Regulating thyroid, pituitary, and hypothalamus function
- Improving egg quality
- Balancing the reproductive hormones
- Increasing sperm count, morphology, and motility
- Hot Flashes
- Night Sweats
- Ovulation Pain (Middleschmerz)
- Menstrual Cramps
- Thyroid Conditions
- Hormonal Balance
- Uterine Fibroids
During your consultation, we will discuss your symptoms and health history. You will receive a customized treatment plan with just the right combination of acupuncture therapy and treatment frequency that works best for your unique symptoms. You may receive treatment on your first visit.
For menstrual symptoms, relief will likely start within the first two cycles with more frequent treatments during the first month. We have found that three consecutive months of treatment fully regulates your cycle. Frequency decreases each month until you are on a monthly maintenance schedule to keep your hormones balanced. Menopausal symptoms usually require eight to twelve weeks of care then monthly maintenance. Fertility treatment frequency is highly individualized depending on age, health, and cause of infertility.